Meet Dr. Leber
Geoffrey E. Leber, MD, FACS is a well-established aesthetic plastic surgeon offering cosmetic and reconstructive enhancement of the face, breasts, body, and skin. Dr. Leber is driven by a desire for achieving excellence within the field of plastic surgery, an objective that—judging by achievement of his double-board certification, membership to countless national plastic surgery organizations, and expansive array of honors and awards—many would say he has already reached. Perhaps this tenacity is the reason for his remarkable final outcomes, transformations that have led to his great esteem from patients and colleagues alike. Dedicated to helping individuals achieve their aesthetic ideal, his top priority is exceeding his patients’ expectations by delivering the elegant, natural-looking results for which he is renowned.
Dr. Leber’s illustrious career started with an early passion for the medical field that was cultivated, in part, by the deep admiration he has for this father— also a surgeon. Commenting on his gravitation towards a focus on plastic surgery, Dr. Leber remarks that the diversity within the field is a rare challenge that doesn’t often exist in other surgical specialties. Whether performing cosmetic enhancement or complex reconstruction of defects and deformities, Dr. Leber knows that plastic surgery is an opportunity to change lives for the better and doesn’t take this responsibility lightly. Following his completion of both general and plastic surgery residencies, Dr. Leber set out to gain the best aesthetic training and experience possible. He was soon awarded a highly prestigious and competitive aesthetic surgery fellowship with Dr. Richard Ellenbogen, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon known for his contribution to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery literature, as well as his media presence throughout his career— including his exposure as the original “Dr. 90210.”
Dr. Leber was the best. He was extremely friendly and inviting. He explained everything during my consultation and answered all my questions. I’m so so happy with my results and between him and his staff, he made my whole experience enjoyable. I give him 5 stars !
April 19, 2018
After working with Dr. Ellenbogen—recognized as “the father of fat grafting”—Dr. Leber received board certification in both general surgery and plastic surgery, and has since maintained advanced training and board certification in his specialty, plastic surgery. From his training with Dr. Ellenbogen, Dr. Leber was able to perfect fat grafting techniques long before it was considered the gold standard for facial rejuvenation. Additionally, he developed specialized methods of performing popular procedures—such as abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)—and meticulous approaches that allow a strikingly natural cosmetic outcome. Known for his outstanding results in tummy tuck surgery, Dr. Leber accentuates the “six pack” contour, preserves the midline hollow, and recreates the look of an un-operated and naturally appearing belly button. Furthermore, he developed a Dermal Wing Mastopexy (breast lift) technique, which utilizes breast tissue that is normally discarded to create an “internal bra.” This allows greater internal support for the breasts that can create a fuller upper pole and minimized look of breast ptosis (sag).
After completing extensive training and an advanced aesthetic surgery fellowship in Beverly Hills, Dr. Leber began his plastic surgery career in Scottsdale, AZ in 2001. He has built a highly successful practice catering to local, national, and international clientele. In addition, he was a clinical instructor for the Mayo Clinic plastic surgery residence, where he taught advanced aesthetic surgery methods. Dr. Leber has achieved recognition of several unique techniques and outstanding surgical outcomes by his peers and patients, these results demonstrated in the thousands of before and after photos on his website. Fond memories of his childhood coupled with a strong desire to return to the East Coast led Dr. Leber to return to his Massachusetts hometown with his family in 2017. He has since opened a practice on Newbury Street in Boston to cater to his East Coast and international patients. He performs an array of in-office procedures under local anesthesia and is credentialed at several outpatient surgery centers, including The Boston Center and The New England Surgery Center. Dr. Leber is also on-staff at the prestigious Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, as well as the Newton Wellesley Hospital. Dr. Leber is licensed to practice medicine in Arizona, California, and Massachusetts.
More than the cutting-edge surgical techniques and impressive credentials that have earmarked his career, Dr. Leber knows that the most important part of plastic surgery is patient satisfaction. Only by fully understanding the cosmetic goals of the individuals who travel locally, nationally, and internationally to see him can he achieve exceptional results. He custom-tailors every single treatment, whether a complex surgical procedure or a luxury service from his award-winning medical spa, to meet the unique needs and diverse goals of each and every patient. The ability to help his patients increase their self-esteem and feel amazing in their own bodies is the greatest reward for Dr. Leber. He knows that one small change can open up a wealth of confidence for his patients, and feels grateful to be entrusted with the responsibility of creating a positive life change.
Biography & Credentials
Dr. Geoffrey E. Leber, our board-certified plastic surgeon, draws his surgical proficiency from decades of experience gained all over the country. An East Coast native, he is Beverly Hills-trained and comprehensively skilled in the multifaceted nature of plastic surgery. Dr. Leber has been in private practice in Arizona for 17 years and now brings his unique experience to his hometown.
Learn about the honors and awards Dr. Leber has been recognized with throughout his career.
- “ABMS MOC” Maintenance of Certification (MOC) by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Current Diplomat for the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Current Certification of Advanced Cosmetic Surgery
- Past Diplomat for the American Board of Surgery
Fellowships & Residencies
Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship (2000)
Dr. Richard Ellenbogen— “The Father of Fat Grafting”
Beverly Hills, California
Chief Resident, Plastic Surgery (1999-2000)
- Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert-Memorial Lutheran Hospital
- Wisconsin Children’s Hospital
Plastic Surgery Residency (1998-2000)
- Medical College of Wisconsin Froedtert-Memorial Lutheran Hospital
- Wisconsin Children’s Hospital
Chief Resident, General Surgery (1997-1998)
Department of Surgery
Tufts-University Baystate Medical Center
General Surgery Residency (1993-1998)
Department of Surgery
Tufts-University Baystate Medical Center
Memberships & Affiliations
- Active Fellow of the American College of Surgeons*
- Active member of the Arizona Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Active Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active Member of the American Medical Association
- Active Member of the Arizona Medical Association
- Good Standing, Arizona State Board of Medical Examiners
- Good Standing, Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine
- Good Standing, The Medical Board of California
*Fellows belonging to the American College of Surgeons achieve such standing by having their education, training, professional qualifications, surgical acumen, and ethical conduct reviewed and approved by their peers.
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations in Arizona
- Paradise Valley Outpatient Surgery Center—Scottsdale, AZ
- Greenbaum Surgery Center—Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale Healthcare— Shea Campus
- Scottsdale Health—Osborn Campus
- Biltmore Surgery Center—Phoenix, AZ
- McCormick Ranch Surgery Center— Scottsdale, AZ
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary— Boston, MA
- Newton Wellesley Hospital— Newton, MA
- The Boston Center— Boston, MA
- New England Surgery Center— Beverly, MA
Doctor of Medicine
Hahnemann University School of Medicine
Bachelor of Arts, Biochemistry
The University of Arizona
Dr. Leber’s achievements throughout his education and career are reflective of his unwavering work ethic and commitment to the highest standard of care. Regarded as a top plastic surgeon in multiple aspects of plastic surgery, Dr. Leber’s dedication to unmatched patient satisfaction has led to his recognition from a multitude of academic and professional institutions.
Learn more about Dr. Leber’s biography and professional background.
- Voted “Most Compassionate Doctor” (2010 – 2012)— Awarded to physicians who demonstrate the utmost kindness in their bedside manner and overall patient care.
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, (2013 – 2015)— Given the constant evolution of new technologies and treatment protocols in cosmetic plastic surgery, the “Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery” is designed to recognize plastic surgeons who exhibit a notable level of commitment to continuing education in aesthetic surgery.
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008 – 2012)— Voted by patients, the Patients’ Choice Award is granted to physicians who make a positive, life-changing difference in the lives of their patients. Recipients received near perfect scores in their evaluations.
- Patients’ Choice 5-Year Honoree Award (2012)— Granted to only 1% of all doctors in the United States, the Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award is granted to doctors who exhibit superior levels of excellence for five years in a row, as voted by patients.
- Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association
- Featured as Top Plastic Surgeon in So Scottsdale
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons (2004, 2005, 2012)
- Top Plastic Surgeon in Phoenix Magazine’s “Top Doctor” (2010)— The “Top Doctor” award by Phoenix Magazine is designed to honor physicians in the area who demonstrate a higher level of skill within their field, as voted on by fellow medical professionals in a peer-review survey.
- “Excellence in Customer Satisfaction” by Arizona’s Talk of the Town (2011)— The 2011 Talk of the Town award for “Excellence in Customer Satisfaction” is granted to companies and businesses who exceed customer expectation and achieve highly-rated online customer and business reviews.
- “Best of 2012 Paradise Valley”, Plastic Surgeon
- “Super Service Award” by Angie’s List (2012)—Awarded to only 5% of qualifying businesses per category in each market, the Angie’s List “Super Service Award” honors healthcare providers who maintain exemplary service ratings and reviews on Angie’s List.
- Top Beauty Experts by New Beauty Magazine (2014)
- Top Plastic Surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ by the International Association of Plastic Surgeons (2015)
- “10 Best” Plastic Surgeon in Arizona by the American Institute of Plastic Surgeons (2016 – 2017)
- Best of Scottsdale Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
- Voted Top Doctor 2018 by FindaTopDoc
- Keynote lecturer at the International Congress on Incisional Hernias, Universitatsklinikum Aachen Germany
- Finalist in the Ninth Annual New England Surgical Society Resident Paper Competition
- Third place award at the Tufts University Annual Research Day
- Finalist in Baystate Medical Center’s Annual Research Day
- Honors Commendation in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery
- High Pass Commendation in Clinical Psychiatry and Ophthalmology
- Dean’s Award Research Stipend
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society Award
- Dean’s List
Journals and Publications
- Leber GE, Ellenbogen R. “Dermabrasion Versus Laser Resurfacing.” Comment in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Volume 106(7), June 2001. Read
- Leber GE, Gosain AK, “Surgical Excision of Supernumerary Digits to Prevent Post Ligation Neuroma.” Pediatric Dermatology March, 2003. Read
- Leber GE, Dzwierzynski WW, Sanger JR. “M-80 Explosive Hand Injuries”— Submitted to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Leber GE, Garb JL, Alexander A, Reed WP. “Long-Term Complications Associated with Prosthetic Repair of Incisional Hernias.” Archives of Surgery; 133:378-382, 1998. Read
- Caliendo SNS, Leber GE. “A Courtroom Lesson in Physician Assisted Suicide.” Pennsylvania Medicine 95(9):40-42, 1992
- Murthy SNS, Shim H, Shah R, Leber GE, Ibrahim S, Cooper H and Clearfield HR. “Low Doses of Intracolonic Cyclosporin Enhanced Healing in Rodent Inflammatory Bowel Disease.” Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Inflammation #196, September 1990.